![]() |
| Artist's rendition of what our apartment looks like everyday. |
Anyways, this week has been another busy one. We got back Monday and our stuff wasn't stolen. Success! When we got back we thought we had landed at the wrong airport because it was 60 degrees and sunny. "I have never seen the Seattle airport in sunlight," Marinda said. "It did not look familiar at all - stop shooting me while I'm doing the interview! <cue forearm sheild>"
We also started interviewing pediatricians this week and we really like the clinic. Not only do they have a sick kid waiting room and a well kid waiting room, they even have a newborn waiting room! The one minor complaint we have is that while the clinic overall is covered by our grad student insurance, not all the individual physicians are. So there could be problems if we need a same-day appointment and our doctor isn't there. But it will be fine, right?
In an attempt to eat healthier and save the planet we tried cooking with fake meat this past week. We used it instead of ground beef in spaghetti bake. The conclusion? Mixed. "I thought it tasted fine," Amit said. "But I think some people prefer the taste of MURDER!" "It was okay," Marinda responded while rolling her eyes. "But let's be honest - beef tastes better."
Yesterday we had a fun experience. Usually Marinda cuts Amit's hair and she does a pretty good job of it, especially considering she doesn't have any formal training. But yesterday things didn't go so well. "I'm six months pregant!" she said. "I got tired." So Amit was left with an awkward-looking haircut. He was left with a choice - wear a hat, or get the haircut fixed by a professional. He chose the latter. "I wasn't offended," Marinda said when she heard of his choice. "He fed me Red Robin afterwards."
The Easter Bunny came to our apartment today! Unfortunately he decided to stay permanently. He keeps eating all our hay and he's being antisocial. Which is why his picture isn't in the blog. Sorry Mother Mitchell. (In case in wasn't clear, the Easter Bunny's secret identity is Durandal.)
Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment