Sunday, May 6, 2012

Nothing Good Happens After 9pm

What have we done this week?  The answer to that question will depend on a multitude of variables, including who you ask, the time of day, the weather, and the number of boxes in the nursery.  Notice how that list excludes what we've actually done this week.  So here are a few samples of answers you might receive:

Amit, 9am:   We started an epic game of Axis and Allies together!  Marinda is the axis, I'm the allies.  It's Marinda's first game so it'll take a long time (we've gotten through 2 rounds).  Also, our bassinet came!  It's all set up and in the bedroom.  And a bunch of other stuff is either coming or on the way.

Our finally constructed bassinet!  Note Durandal checking it out, he was
hopping around it the whole time during construction!  We think
he thought it was for him.

All we need now is the baby!

Marinda, 9am:  What...?  Why are you waking me up so early?  Is it breakfast time?  Blah blah blah ice cream...wait, did someone mention ice cream?  I want some....

Amit, 4pm:  I'm in the middle of something, can you ask me some other time?  Seriously, my life is really stressful!  My general exam is in two weeks and I have to get two papers published and my wife's like a zillion weeks pregnant!  Give me a break!  No, really, please, give me a break.  I beg you!

Marinda, 4pm: Well today's been super-productive.  I got <list of tasks> done today.  Earlier this week <list of baby stuff> came and it's sitting the nursery.  We had <list of appointments> this week and we bought <list of stuff>.  I also researched <new product we need to buy> and have found the absolute best one for our money.  Oh, and I'm still teaching TEN harp students to get ready for their concert in TWO WEEKS!

Amit, 9pm:  The nursery has no boxes left and so pretty soon it'll start looking less like a storage room and more like a nursery.  I'm a little worried about my general exam (I get my topic next Friday) but I'm sure it will be fine.  Durandal has been just impossible to get back into his cage nowadays.  All he does is sleep behind the harp all day!  He needs to go out and get a job or something...

Marinda, 9pm:  Why do you hate me?  I haven't done anything all week!  Just leave me alone!  No don't leave me!  I don't want to be pregnant anymore!  I don't want to go through labor!  It sounds soooo scary!  I can't do this!  *insert breathing techniques we're learning in our baby class*

As an addition to the Marinda at 9pm entry, yesterday we went shopping.  Amit wanted to just buy everything online so they could stay out of the awful Boat Day traffic and save his Saturday.  Marinda's hormones won out in the end though, and they ended up spending 4 hours shopping for stuff, much to Amit's dismay.  However, it didn't really matter too much until after 9pm.  Why?  Because nothing good happens after 9pm.

Marinda, 9pm continued:  You don't even like me!  You just wanted to buy everything online.  Why don't we just buy a baby online?  Why don't I just give birth online!?

For some reason even though Marinda was on the brink of tears Amit literally doubled over laughing - which kind of helped Marinda snap out of it.  Amazing hugh?

As part of our million appointments we had last week, we had our tour of our hospital.  Marinda was a little stressed (last time she was in the Labor and Delivery unit of this hospital she watched her friend give birth in one of the examination rooms 15 minutes after they arrived) but by the end she was feeling a lot better about the whole thing.  After you're checked in you get your own room AND your OWN nurse that is assigned just to you.  Every room also has its own bathroom with a jacuzzi that is the nicest bathtub we have ever seen!  For a very brief moment Marinda was looking forward to labor so she could try it out.  The mom can also order room service and eat as much food she wants whenever she feels like it. That is apparently a huge plus plus!

Well, we at the Heb. hope all is going well in your lives.  7 more weeks until Luke's due date!

*Note:  Marinda is actually still a nice person, but yeah, Amit can't do anything right after 9pm*

1 comment:

  1. I was just wondering today how long until Luke's debut into the world! With your busy schedule though, I'm sure the 7 weeks will go fast!

    ReplyDelete